Do you have pencil lead stuck in your skin?

Thread: Do you have pencil lead stuck in your skin?

Tags: None
  1. wedgius said:

Do you have pencil lead stuck in your skin?

Inspired by this thread at Ars Technica.

I sure as hell don't, but apparently it's common so I thought I'd ask.

2. JuiceBox said:
    Nope. I take them out ASAP.

erikthered said:
    No, but my sister used to.
    We'll never forget.

My current TBN Hero:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSouza View Post
    That might've been the dumbest football play I've ever seen, and I'm a Jets fan...

Withers said:
    Nope never

Dave113 said:
    Nope, at least i don't think so

howlincoyote2k1 said:
    I do, in fact.

I was play-boxing with a buddy of mine in junior year of high school, and he accidentally stabbed me on the right palm of my hand. This was back in like 2002 or so, and the mark is still there. It's a little faded, but it's still there.

Escobar said:
    Nope.

outlaw21 said:
    im a retard

reached in my pocket to get my pencil out, the lead part was sticking up and went into my skin right above the nail on my middle finger

9. DEATHSTARWARSBIRD! said:
    Not lead, but I think I have a small splinter stuck under my left pinky finger. When I was a kid I was running my hand along a 2x4 because it looked so smooth. Appearances where deceiving. At least, it that or an unusual scar.

Alex said:
    Right hand palm, I think I've had it for like 16 years. I was in my classroom, a pencil fell from my desk and I immediately reached to pick it up, but it had an eraser attached and it unexpectedly bounced on my chair. Duhhh. To my defense, it happened pretty fast, lol.

11. madcheese said:
    nope. nothing stuck under my skin, because i'm not retarded.

German Rocket #7 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    nope. nothing stuck under my skin, because i'm not retarded.
    That has yet to be proven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil09 View Post
    I blame FIFA and UEFA for it... They should start suspending players for all this shit. Video review after official games and 2-3 game suspensions (+ financial penalty) for diving and faking. If some star players would get their asses suspended for important league/tournament games, they all would stop doing it REALLY QUICK.

13. Iceman said:
    Actually I do.

Left hand, right side, right below my pinky.

I believe it was first grade and a kid stabbed with a pencil pretending he was Robocob. I still remember that.

scotty said:
    I have a little piece just above my left knee.
    Tömas Jenškövic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. Higgy said:
    I was stabbed in the 7th grade on top of my right hand, but the lead came out right away. I still have a little black mark where it happened, though.
    [center]

16. Chad said:
    nope

Waldick said:
    None

ZMaster32 said:
    ...no

I find it odd that so many people would have a problem like this.

NJDfan1711 said:
    What the ****. This is by far the dumbest thread I've ever seen created.

1) If you did jam lead in your hand or other body part, why the hell wouldn't you attempt to pull it out right after you realized it happened?

2) How is it really that easy to get lead stuck in your body from a pencil? I guess I am dating myself, but for the majority of my school years I used regular wooden pencils. There were some times when I used mechanical pencils with lead/graphite in them, but whenever I would push the lead back in the pencil after having clicked it out too far, it would simply slide back in easily. Maybe, and this is a very tough maybe, a small dot from the pencil would be left on my finger after pushing the tip back in, but it was by no means "lodged" or stuck through the surface of my skin.

I think after reading this topic, and the other one that was linked, I now officially hate people much more than I thought.

fireholder said:
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDfan1711 View Post
    What the ****. This is by far the dumbest thread I've ever seen created.

1) If you did jam lead in your hand or other body part, why the hell wouldn't you attempt to pull it out right after you realized it happened?

2) How is it really that easy to get lead stuck in your body from a pencil? I guess I am dating myself, but for the majority of my school years I used regular wooden pencils. There were some times when I used mechanical pencils with lead/graphite in them, but whenever I would push the lead back in the pencil after having clicked it out too far, it would simply slide back in easily. Maybe, and this is a very tough maybe, a small dot from the pencil would be left on my finger after pushing the tip back in, but it was by no means "lodged" or stuck through the surface of my skin.

I think after reading this topic, and the other one that was linked, I now officially hate people much more than I thought.
    this is the dumbest thread you've ever seen created? this is a legitimate thread... do you browse our forums with a ****ing blindfold on, or something?

bcrt2000 said:
    1) that ars technia thread is SHOCKING lol

2) why don't you guys get it removed!?!?!?

I like the sound of my own voice
    I didn't give anyone else a choice
    An intellectual tortoise
    Racing with your bullet train

owa said:
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw21 View Post
    im a retard

reached in my pocket to get my pencil out, the lead part was sticking up and went into my skin right above the nail on my middle finger
    Ugh man, shut the **** up!

I'm all squirmy now.

23. Milly79 said:
    Yeah actually, my best friend stabbed me with a pencil back in the 11th grade. It's still in my knee.

Marius said:
    Pen Island of course.

LeaFanatic said:
    When I was in Grade 1 a girl in my class got a yellow crayon stuck in her hand.

To this day, the logistics of this event still blow my mind.